Thursday 29 September 2011

Canon EOS 7D, poor focus, noise, etc.

I read the first review of the Canon EOS 7D on Darwin Wiggetts blog a few months ago. It seemed pretty bad. I've just read this: More on the 7D from Darwin .
Now I do believe Darwin, and I do believe those folks who have written in to him, (and elsewhere), to complain about the performance of the 7D.
I have to say though, that It's all a mystery to me. In terms of Canon DSLR's, I've owned the 10D, 20D, 40D, 5D, and now the 7D, and find the 7D to be the best of the group.
Am I just lucky? I don't know. What I do know is this; my wife ALSO OWNS A 7D. It's set-up like mine, and it works like mine. Focus is good, noise is very low.
I would post a picture as evidence, but what use is a tiny picture when evaluating sharpness and noise, (unless it's truely awful)?
So, what I will do is to post some not-very-useful images from the EOS 7D, and hope that you believe me.



Having added these to this blog, I realise the loss of quality in shrinking and compressing is more than I would have liked. Sharpening is way over accentuated too.  However, I hope the point is clear.
The question is, why are our two 7D's ok? What makes the difference?