Thursday 22 September 2011

Photography, Parakeets and horse racing?

No, not quite!
Yesterday, I had the pleasure of working at an event at Sandown race-course again.
Though it's a few miles from home, it's a venue well worth visiting. Standing by the winners enclosure, I was amazed to see the trees full of bright green Parakeets! Really, Parakeets!  Now I wasn't in a position to photograph them, but if I had been I would. Quite impressive.

Have you attended events with seminars, where the laptop / projector / sound-system malfunctioned and held up proceedings? Yes?  Me too. Too often!
This certainly DID NOT happen at Sandown. This time the audio visual and I.T. system was provided by Mike Belham's Truelight Services, (see my links). Maybe you might try him out too if you are in business, or the business of shows and presentations? You won't regret it. He may not be the cheapest, but he's an impressively knowledgeable gent, and I suspect you will want a pro production to enhance your work.....

On the photography front, I got to make good use of my new-ish Canon EOS 7D. Don't believe the stories about poor ISO, focussing etc. This tool is great. No complaints at all.
I shoot typically with two cameras and a back-up body. This saves a lot of worry and lens changing, but certainly adds to weight. That's why I now use a Think-Tank shoulder bag.
More on the EOS 7D, Think Tank and general experiences soon.
Thanks for reading!